Rescue Raffle Fundraiser
May 21, 2020 @ 12:00PM — May 27, 2020 @ 12:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Buy a raffle ticket. Save homeless animals in need. And get the chance to adopt a forever friend!
*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING ONE OF THESE PUPPIES, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST.*
We’d like to introduce you to these cuties--Pearl, Poppy, Peach, Pico, and Percy--the dachshund puppies that came in a few weeks ago through a large surrender case. They are healthy, oh-so-precious, and finally ready for adoption!
That’s right! But BEFORE YOU EMAIL OR CALL ABOUT ADOPTING...PLEASE KEEP READING, because we’re going to try something a little different with these adoptions. This will be the only way these puppies will be available for adoption. (Regular adoption policies and procedures apply.)
COVID-19 has put Southern Pines in a difficult spot by postponing or cancelling all of our spring/summer fundraisers--income that we rely on to keep our shelter up and operating so that we can continue helping the hurting and homeless pets in our community. We’ve had to think more creatively than ever before, innovating new ways to help our animals. So, in that spirit, we have put together a super fun, fundraising adoption event that will benefit all of our residents at the shelter--from longtimers like Penelope to underage kittens like Ozzie who are not feeling their best--helping them get the care they need so they can find the loving forever homes they deserve.
We also know that there are going to be quite a few of y’all who are interested in making one of these babies a part of your family, and we think this adoption event will help make this process as fair as possible for everyone involved. Highly desirable animals like these often result in hundreds of phone calls, messages, and emails to our shelter that we unfortunately do not have the manpower to accommodate on a normal day, let alone during this time in which we are operating with a reduced staff due to our current COVID-19 protocols.
So how does it work? Basically, it’s a raffle!
- Donate for raffle tickets (no limit)
- Raffle tickets put you in the running for the chance to adopt one of these FIVE (5) puppies!
- Watch the Facebook Live Drawing on May 27th at 2pm to see if you’ve won a spot!
- Curbside Adoption Meet ‘n Greets will be scheduled for the FIVE (5) drawn winners
- Pay the adoption fee and adopt your new forever friend!*
***Read on for eligibility requirements and raffle rules***
Each puppy has an adoption fee of $500. For more information on each puppy and on our adoption fees, please visit: http://cutt.ly/SPASRescueRaffle.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Donate $5 to receive ONE (1) RAFFLE TICKET, or donate $25 to receive six (6) tickets.
- Only one ticket donation is required to be entered in the raffle.
- Raffle tickets guarantee you a chance to be selected for one of the 5 adoption appointment slots.
- There is no limit on the amount of tickets you may purchase, and tickets may be purchased via this link: http://cutt.ly/RescueRaffle
- Raffle tickets are non-refundable.
- Participants must pay the full adoption fee for their puppy. This is in addition to the cost of their entry raffle ticket and any additional raffle tickets purchased.
- The puppies have an adoption fee of $500 that includes their spay/neuter surgery fees, their vaccinations and preventative care, their microchip, a free bag of starter food and a free 30-day trial of pet insurance.
- Ticketing is open from May 21st at 12pm CST until May 27th at 12pm CST.
- Participants must provide a valid address, email address, and phone number when purchasing a raffle ticket(s).
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- Winning participants may only adopt a maximum of one (1) puppy.
- ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 27th at 2pm, we will draw FIVE (5) winners on a Facebook live video.
- Using a random number generator app, we will choose the 5 winners of the 5 adoption appointments.
- In the event that a winner is not eligible/able to participate or opts to forfeit their scheduled adoption appointment, a runner up will also be chosen.
- Following the drawing our foster coordinator will contact the FIVE (5) winners to schedule their appointments
- Appointments will be scheduled in the order in which they were drawn. For example, the first individual whose name is drawn will get the first pick of the litter, the second individual will get second choice, etc.
- If you are unable to make the appointment time that you agree to, we will reschedule a new appointment within 24 hours of your original appointment.
- In the event you are unable to make your rescheduled adoption appointment, you forfeit your adoption appointment and the the individual drawn as the runner up will be contacted to schedule a new adoption appointment.
- If you are a raffle winner and your adoption application is denied for any reason, the cost of your raffle tickets will be refunded to you.
If you are experiencing technical issues or have a question regarding the raffle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact our office directly about adopting these puppies. Because of the COVID-19 crisis, we do not currently have the manpower available to accommodate the influx of calls that dachshund puppies inevitably generate. For the chance to adopt one of these puppies, individuals MUST enter the raffle event. Thank you for participating and helping us save more lives than ever before!